Please note: Your book must receive the Seal of Approval prior to CALA Submission. The SoA Submission and awarding periods are:
- Accepting submissions January 1-31, awarding by March 31
- Accepting submissions April 1-30, awarding by June 30
- Accepting submissions July 1-31, awarding by September 30
- Accepting submissions September 1-30, awarding by November 30
The CALA is an award for outstanding FICTION, and will be awarded based on literary merit.
As this is the second year of this award, it may be limited to one award category unless there are sufficient entries to justify additional awards as described below. However, all books will be judged according to genre guidelines even if only one is offered, and therefore genre should be designated on the entry form.
• To download the official rules, click here.
• To download the entry form, click here.
• For information on the Seal of Approval - which is a prerequisite for the CALA - please click here