About the Pitch Sessions
Pitch Session Registration is OPEN.
Pitch Sessions are March 1-3, 2023.
Specific publishers/times/dates are in the sidebar
As with every CWCO, we are offering you the chance to pitch your ready manuscripts to publishers of both secular and Catholic fiction and non-fiction.
Please read! In order to make the pitch sessions a productive experience for everyone, we ask the following of our writers:
DO NOT register to pitch a book that has been published in the past (including self-published).
- Pitch session opportunities are free for registered attendees
- All pitched fiction must be complete and submission-ready.
- All pitched non-fiction should have a book proposal prepared.
- You MUST read and FOLLOW publisher guidelines. The #1 reason for being rejected is that you are not pitching the kind of book they are interested in. DO YOUR HOMEWORK!
- Pitch sessions are held in webinar or chat format, as the publisher prefers. Please have a 150-word pitch ready for pasting. You may also want to write short (100-word or less) answers to common questions like qualifications, character, theme, marketing, etc.
Publishers and Guidelines
This is the final list of publishers for CWCO 2023. We'll take pitch registrations until Feb 17.
To pitch, you need to have registered for the conference.
Ave Maria Press: Nonfiction adult trade titles on prayer and spirituality
Chrism Press: Chrism Press is an imprint of WhiteFire Publishing dedicated to stories informed by Catholic and Orthodox Christianity that may not be able to find a home in either mainstream secular or Christian (Evangelical) presses. These two ancient faiths share a sacramental and incarnational vision that illuminates the imagination, as well as a centuries-old literary tradition spanning from Dante to Dostoevsky and beyond. Whether Christian themes are presented overtly, subtly, or symbolically, Chrism Press seeks Spirit-filled fiction in all genres. We are not afraid of darkness; we enjoy the strange and the weird, as well as humor, romance, adventure, and fun. We strongly believe that fiction should never be boring. We invite readers to “Anoint Your Imagination” with a wide array of stories that enlighten while they entertain. https://chrismpress.com/submissions/
Clear Fork Media: We are looking for middle-grade books. See our offerings at https://www.clearforkpublishing.com/.
Dunham Literary Agent Anjanette Barr: Dunham Literary represents both non-fiction and fiction authors for audiences of all ages. Our submission guidelines are here: https://www.dunhamlit.com/how-to-submit.html
Elk Lake Publishing: Seeking most genres of clean fiction and Christian living books. All ages/genres of fiction except horror and erotica; all ages/genres of nonfiction except devotionals, memoirs, and poetry. Guidelines at https://elklakepublishinginc.com/#
Marian Press: We publish popular works aimed at a broad audience serving the Church where the need is greatest, especially by promoting the Divine Mercy message and devotion, devotion to Mary Immaculate, and prayer for the Holy Souls in Purgatory. We are looking for faithful and accessible works written by writers who know their audience and put their needs first by writing true, readable, and clear books in service to Christ and His Church. Generally, we don't publish poems or scripts. Catholic non-fiction is broadly of interest; excellent Catholic fiction will merit serious consideration. https://www.marian.org/marianpress/guidelines.php
Our Sunday Visitor: We are particularly interested in the following categories:
- Spiritual Growth, Devotionals, and Prayer Books: Books that accompany readers on their spiritual journey and offer unique, practical insights for growing in friendship with God, especially through prayer and the sacraments
- Scripture: Books from experts about how to read, understand, pray, and apply Scripture, as well as Bible studies
- Marriage, Parenting, and Family: Books that reflect on the nature of marriage and practical books on marriage prep, parenting, and Catholic family life
- Biographies: Informative and inspiring biographies of saints and other key figures in the Church's history
- History: Informative, unique histories related to the Catholic Church, especially in the United States
- Faith and Culture: Books about the intersection of faith and contemporary culture
- Evangelization, Apologetics, and Catechetics: Books that help readers explain, defend and share the Faith with others
- Parish and Pastoral Ministry: Books that help pastors, leaders and parishioners conduct parish life more effectively, and books that can provide comfort and guidance for Catholics seeking help and healing in times of difficulty
- We are also actively seeking submissions for our children’s book imprint, OSV Kids. We consider board books for infants and toddlers, picture books for younger readers (ages 3 - 6), short chapter books for middle-grade readers (ages 7 - 10), and works of interest to tweens and young teens.
- We do not publish fiction or poetry.
Pauline Books & Media: Pauline Books and Media publishes non-fiction for adults and children, as well as fiction for children (picture books, early readers, middle grade, and YA). Our guidelines can be found at www.pauline.org/submissions.
Tyndale: Children, Inspirational, Mystery, Romance, Suspense. tyndale.com/fiction Currently open to seeing:
- Women’s fiction
- Southern fiction
- Historical fiction and historical romance
- Contemporary romance/romantic comedy
- NOT currently seeking YA, sci-fi, fantasy, or thrillers