About the Pitch Sessions
Pitch Sessions are February 22-26.
Specific times/dates to be announced
As with every CWCO, we are offering you the chance to pitch your ready manuscripts to publishers of both secular and Catholic fiction and non-fiction.
Please read! In order to make the pitch sessions a productive experience for everyone, we ask the following of our writers:
DO NOT register to pitch a book that has been published in the past (including self-published).
- Pitch session opportunities are free for registered attendees – but we limit you to one title per publisher. (i.e., you cannot pitch the same book to multiple publishers)
- If you cannot attend the conference, we may take people on an alternate list. Contact email@example.com if you are interested. There will be a $10 pitch fee. You must still attend the pitch session itself.
- All pitched fiction must be complete and submission ready.
- All pitched non-fiction should have a book proposal prepared.
- You MUST read and FOLLOW publisher guidelines. The #1 reason for being rejected is that you are not pitching the kind of book they are interested in. DO YOUR HOMEWORK!
- Pitch sessions are held in webinar or chat format, as the publisher prefers. Please have a 150-word pitch ready for pasting. You may also want to write short (100-word or less) answers to common questions like qualifications, character, theme, marketing, etc.