About the Pitch Sessions
Pitch Sessions are February 14-17.
Specific publishers/times/dates to be announced
As with every CWCO, we are offering you the chance to pitch your ready manuscripts to publishers of both secular and Catholic fiction and non-fiction.
Please read! In order to make the pitch sessions a productive experience for everyone, we ask the following of our writers:
DO NOT register to pitch a book that has been published in the past (including self-published).
- Pitch session opportunities are free for registered attendees – but we limit you to one title per publisher. (i.e., you cannot pitch the same book to multiple publishers)
- If you cannot attend the conference, we may take people on an alternate list. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. There will be a $10 pitch fee. You must still attend the pitch session itself.
- All pitched fiction must be complete and submission ready.
- All pitched non-fiction should have a book proposal prepared.
- You MUST read and FOLLOW publisher guidelines. The #1 reason for being rejected is that you are not pitching the kind of book they are interested in. DO YOUR HOMEWORK!
- Pitch sessions are held in webinar or chat format, as the publisher prefers. Please have a 150-word pitch ready for pasting. You may also want to write short (100-word or less) answers to common questions like qualifications, character, theme, marketing, etc.
Publishers and Guidelines
Stay tuned! We'll have information on publishers and guidelines as they sign up. In the meantime, polish those manuscripts and book proposals.
To pitch, you need to have registered for the conference.