CWCO 2017 is coming Feb 17-19
This is our sixth online conference, and the second time we are offering it in interactive webinar format. You’ll get all the benefits of live conference and more for $40 ($30 for CWG members). (That won’t even pay for a taxi from the airport if this were a live convention.)
Here are some of the things you can look forward to:
- A greater emphasis on how our faith informs our writing. We have speakers who will discuss writing as a Calling, literature as evangelization, and even how genre fiction like horror and science fiction can still reflect our Catholic values.
- Practical advice and tips you can put to work immediately. From managing your time to reconstructing your plot, developing great characters to building your social media presence, our experienced and well-published presenters share their best practices.
- Webinar format that incorporates audio and visuals. Gone is the archaic chat form. This year, our presenters come live to your screen. It’s easy – if you can handle Skype or Facetime, you can do this! (Don’t worry, there’s still chat available for talking or “passing notes.”)
- Networking. One of the comments in the past has been there’s not time to just get to know fellow attendees. This year, there’s time in between each session, we have open chat time, plus an open chat room on the conference website.
- Recordings! Did you have to run after a toddler and miss part of a lecture? We’ve got your back. We’ll have recordings of each session available for you free!
- Pitch Sessions. They’re back! We’re recruiting publishers of Catholic and secular media to hear pitches from authors with manuscripts ready to submit!
Every time we’ve held the CWCO, writers leave inspired and enabled…many end up with publishing contracts within the year. We’re looking forward to taking an already innovative conferencing idea to the next level. Are you ready to do the same with your writing?
Why CWCO? A note from the founder, Karina Fabian
In 2007, I attended my first writing conference. What an experience! I sharpened my skills as a writer and was introduced to the then-new world of internet marketing. I sold my first novel to a small press publisher. I – an introvert who seldom socialized – attended a party and laughed for hours. To top it all off, I made connections that have pushed my publishing career forward and made friends that I can still depend upon for help or companionship.
But the most amazing thing? The conference was completely online!
Have you ever wished you could attend a conference, learn from the writers who had been there, done that and succeeded, meet publishers and make friends who identify with your passion for words?
Have you ever had to push that dream aside because live conferences don’t work for you? They may be too expensive, involve travel that takes you away from work or family…or maybe it’s too far beyond your comfort zone to talk to complete strangers.
I’ve been there. I know how much easier it is to correspond, where I can think about my responses and not whether I’ve spilled something on my shirt or if my face “looks wrong.” That first online conference changed my life and career.
Maybe you’ve been interested in a conference, but hesitated because what you really want is to meet authors and publishers who speak the same faith language as you?
The Catholic Writers Guild has the answer for you: The Catholic Writers Conference Online!
Not only will be bring you excellent workshops on writing and marketing fiction and nonfiction, but we will do it with a Catholic angle including theology, prayer and fellowship that is uniquely for our faith.
Our 2016 CWCO is coming May 4-6, and this year, we’re entering the 21st century with webinar presentations. If you can watch YouTube or use a chat like Facebook Messenger, then you have all the skills you need to participate. We have presenters covering all aspects of writing, faith and literature.
I’ve gotten so much from online writing conferences. I hope you will, too. Below is a button for registering. Hope to see you there!