The subtitle on our website reads: “The rebirth of Catholic Arts and Letters”. That's our goal, and I truly believe it's a worthwhile – and possible – one. A rebirth of the greatness of Catholic Arts can happen in the same way it's happened time and again: through striving for excellence, engaging the culture, and coming together in fellowship.
It worked for great Catholic writers in all times, from St. Paul and St. Luke, to Aquinas and Anselm, to Chesterton and Belloc… to you and me today, if we're willing.
We have active critique groups, awards, conferences (both online and in-person), writing retreats, and much more. Please start exploring what the Guild has to offer, and contribute whenever and however you feel able. We're happy to have you!
Thanks & God bless,
Catholic Writers Guild President
Things to do
1) Bookmark this page if you can't do everything at once. (We have a lot to do!)
2) Sign up for Guild News, including our monthly newsletter. Our monthly email will alert you to upcoming activities, volunteer opportunities, and members' events.
3) Explore our website more: http://catholicwritersguild.com.
If your account is awaiting approval (paid by check, clergy/religious), you will have access to members-only after approval.
4) Join our very active, members' Facebook group. This is a “secret” group open only to CWG members. Learn more at our Members' Facebook Group page.
5) Like our public page. The private group, above, is distinct from the Catholic Writers Guild Fan page. The Fan Page is open to the public, and you only need to “like” the page to join.
6) Check out the Catholic Writers Guild Blog. In addition to reports on Guild activities, you'll find posts from our talented members on inspiration, writing, and Catholic life.
7) Come chat with us! We hold a members-only chat every Sunday evening, starting a 9pm EST. You'll find the link to our chat room on our website, under Events.