Seal of Approval
Congratulations to our Q2 2019 Seal of Approval recipients:
- Roland West, Outcast by Theresa Linden
- A Life Decision by Laurie Lamb
- Sitting Like a Saint by Greg Bottaro
- Unveiling and Conquering Adultery by E. Guevara
- The River of Life by Diana Tabbaa
- Know Thyself: The Imperfectionist's Guide to Sorting Your Stuff by Lisa Hess
- Sharing Your Catholic Faith Story by Nancy Ward
- The Hidden Legacy by Carrie Sue Barnes
- The Rainbow with Dull Colors by Jessica Johnston
- Where You Lead by Leslea Wahl
- Three Last Things or The Hounding of Carl Jarrold, Soulless Assassin by Corinna Turner
Catholic Writer's Retreat
From Our Blog
The CWG Prayer Chain Post is a weekly post for members to include their special intentions by adding a comment.
Brothers and sisters: Since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. For the sake of the joy that lay before him, he endured the cross, despising its shame, and has taken his seat at the right of the throne of God. Consider how he endured such opposition from sinners, in order that you may not grow weary and lose heart. In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding blood.
The power of prayer and the power of people praying.
AUGUST INTENTION PRAYERPRAYER FOR ALL NEEDS We beg you, Lord, to help and defend us. Deliver the oppressed. Pity the insignificant. Raise the fallen. Show yourself to the needy. Heal the sick. Bring back those of your people who have gone astray. Feed the hungry. Lift up the weak. Take off the prisoners’ chains. May every nation come to know that you alone are God, that Jesus is your Child, that we are your people, the sheep that you pasture. Amen. -Clement of Rome.
Please leave a comment with your intention. If you have problems adding an intention, email it to Mike Hays at coachhays(at)gmail(dot)com and I will add it. God bless.
The CWG Prayer
Holy Family, guide our minds, our hearts, our hands, as we write, speak, illustrate – help our words to live in union with the Word.
Teach us discipline and skill to use the talents God gives us.
Give us also insight and courage to convey God's love through our craft, and humility to be open to His divine will, shaping our lives, in loving loyalty to His Church.
In Christ's name,